InsideKnights.com brings you our inside the numbers feature in which we go beyond the box score and…
What We Learned Against ECU
1. Win the first half. UCF had a golden opportunity to take the lead entering intermission, but wide receiver Kamar Aiken let a pass slip through his hands in the end zone, and quarterback Brett Hodges was picked off on the next play. UCF was still far from out of it, as they were down just 10-7 at the break.
2. Be aggressive Brynn. Brynn Harvey had his best game of the season as he made the right cuts, found the holes, and ran with power. His 4.4 ypc. average was his best this year.
3. Don't be intimidated. The Knights may have lost, but they certainly weren't intimidated by the bigger Pirates. The UCF offensive line got solid push in the first half and opened up holes for the running game.
4. Take the crowd out of the game. The Knights got on the scoreboard first, and the crowd was far from a factor in the outcome.
5. Pick on Pinkney. ECU quarterback Patrick Pinkney had one of his best days as a Pirate as he completed 27 of 40 passes for 293 yards, with one touchdown and an interception.
What to look for:
1. A physical game in the trenches. There was plenty of physicality, but the passing game for ECU is what propelled them to the victory.
2. Look for extracurricular activity. Aside from the normal "woofing" that you see in about every game, there really wasn't anything extracurricular to speak of.
3. Look for less runs from Brett Hodges. Hodges wasn't much of a factor in the running game, as he carried the ball five times and lost 21 yards.
4. Look for at least two interceptions total. Hodges went for four by himself and Pinkney added another in what turned into a turnover-fest.
1. Over 262 yards of offense for UCF. The Knights threw for a little more than that and finished with 336 yards of total offense.
2. Kamar Aiken gets another touchdown. Aiken did score at the end of the game, but it was too little, too late.
3. Harvey surpasses 100 yards rushing. Brynn Harvey ran well, but had just 71 yards on 16 carries.
4. Emery Allen builds on his performance from last week. Allen was a non-factor as much of the Knights secondary played poorly.
5. ECU makes at least one big play through the air. Dwayne Harris caught a 47-yard pass and there were plenty of big plays through the air for the Pirates.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More