A disappointing season for the Knights came to a close on Saturday with a borderline embarrassing 15…
UCF vs UAB: Final Preview
Saturday, November 29th, 2008 1pm EST
Brighthouse Networks Stadium- Orlando, FL
Records: UCF 4-7, UAB 3-8
Series History: 5-0 last meeting: UCF won 45-31
Five most important things for UCF:
1. Run the ball. 24k busted out for 320 last year versus the Blazers, so this is a defense that's susceptible to giving up plenty on the ground. Although we don't expect Harvey and Co. to accomplish that much success it will be the key to the Knights ability to score.
2. Take advantage of mistakes. Although the Knights offense hasn't improved a whole lot, the one thing they have done the last two weeks is capitalize off great field position. The D is likely to force at least one turnover and the Knights need to take advantage and cash in with points.
3. Catch the football. They did a great job of this last week, but can they do it two weeks in a row? I wouldn't bet on it, but anything is possible.
4. Stop Joe Webb from running. UCF has a tendency to struggle with legit dual threat qb's. Joe Webb can and will run if a lane is open.
5. Grab an early lead. Webb has 16 INT's to just 10 TD's on the season. If the Knights can force UAB to pass, the secondary should have a field day.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Knights to finish the season on a high note. They are improving each week, and are fresh off two big road wins, UAB at home shouldn't be a huge obstacle.
2. Look for Aiken to make a difference. He appeared to break out of his funk last week, and has the athletic ability to make a big difference.
3. Look for Harvey to get 25+ touches. He is healthy now, and is by far the Knights best back. They will look to the ground game early and often in this contest.
4. Look for 'Smokin' Joe to have a monster day. In the last game of his collegiate career Joe Burnett will want to go out on top. He is as tough as a competitor as it gets and he will find a way to make a difference.
5. Look for Calabrese to get the large majority, if not all, the snaps. Greco was moved to 3rd on the depth chart due to injuries, and Weatherford doesn't offer anything that UCF doesn't already have in Calabrese, and Calabrese has a much higher ceiling. Unless Calabrese has a terrible stretch, he will play the entire game.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Injury Report
Dr. Roto highlights the injuries from three games: Denver @ Miami, Arizona @ Seattle and Houston @ Cincinnati. One recommendation is to definitely start Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue (pictured above)…Read More
What, and Who, to Watch
O'Malley's weekly six-pack of questions entering Saturday's showdown with Louisville in South Bend.Read More
Peterson speaks: Fresh start might be best
Adrian Peterson said he knows Vikings players and coaches love him, but there are people “internally” that haven’t been supporting him.Read More
5 NFL Games that Got Cancelled by Weather
It snowed again in Buffalo, blanketing the city and, more importantly for our purposes, Ralph Wilson Stadium in 8 feet of snow. The NFL just announced that Sunday's Bills-Jets game is bugging out.…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More