Joe Burnett has been the epitome of a role-model student athlete during his tenure at UCF and has…
What We Learned in Miami
1. Win at the point of attack. The Knights had four rushing yards and allowed Miami 128 rushing yards. The UCF offensive line was dominated for much of the evening.
2. Ronnie Weaver needs another big day. It was anything but a big day for Weaver, as he ran for 20 yards on 12 carries.
3. Play smart. The Knights had a punt blocked which led to three points, a muffed punt which led to eight points, a snap that went over the punter's head for a safety, and an unnecessary roughness penalty which kept a drive alive that led to a touchdown. There were plenty of mistakes.
4. Win the turnover battle. The Knights won the turnover battle, but with the utter lack of offense it didn't matter.
5. Get the crowd in the game. Although the Knights began slow, the UCF faithful represented themselves very well.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Knights to pound the rock. UCF couldn't get anything going on the ground as they ran for just four yards in 27 attempts.
2. Look for both QB's to play. Rob Calabrese received most of the snaps at quarterback as Michael Greco was injured and played for just one series.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. There were some huge special teams plays for the Knights, both good and bad. Joe Burnett had a 91-yard kickoff return for a touchdown (the good), and the Knights had a punt blocked and had a snap go over the punter's head.
4. Look for about as many Knights fans as ‘Canes fans. UCF showed themselves well and about 40% of the fans were dressed in black and gold.
5. Look for Kamar Aiken to have a big game. Aiken was a non-factor as he had just one catch for 15 yards. The 15 yards did represent nearly 20% of the Knights total offense.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More