Joe Burnett has been the epitome of a role-model student athlete during his tenure at UCF and has…
What We Learned in Miami
1. Win at the point of attack. The Knights had four rushing yards and allowed Miami 128 rushing yards. The UCF offensive line was dominated for much of the evening.
2. Ronnie Weaver needs another big day. It was anything but a big day for Weaver, as he ran for 20 yards on 12 carries.
3. Play smart. The Knights had a punt blocked which led to three points, a muffed punt which led to eight points, a snap that went over the punter's head for a safety, and an unnecessary roughness penalty which kept a drive alive that led to a touchdown. There were plenty of mistakes.
4. Win the turnover battle. The Knights won the turnover battle, but with the utter lack of offense it didn't matter.
5. Get the crowd in the game. Although the Knights began slow, the UCF faithful represented themselves very well.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Knights to pound the rock. UCF couldn't get anything going on the ground as they ran for just four yards in 27 attempts.
2. Look for both QB's to play. Rob Calabrese received most of the snaps at quarterback as Michael Greco was injured and played for just one series.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. There were some huge special teams plays for the Knights, both good and bad. Joe Burnett had a 91-yard kickoff return for a touchdown (the good), and the Knights had a punt blocked and had a snap go over the punter's head.
4. Look for about as many Knights fans as ‘Canes fans. UCF showed themselves well and about 40% of the fans were dressed in black and gold.
5. Look for Kamar Aiken to have a big game. Aiken was a non-factor as he had just one catch for 15 yards. The 15 yards did represent nearly 20% of the Knights total offense.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More