Joe Burnett has been the epitome of a role-model student athlete during his tenure at UCF and has…
What We Learned in Miami
1. Win at the point of attack. The Knights had four rushing yards and allowed Miami 128 rushing yards. The UCF offensive line was dominated for much of the evening.
2. Ronnie Weaver needs another big day. It was anything but a big day for Weaver, as he ran for 20 yards on 12 carries.
3. Play smart. The Knights had a punt blocked which led to three points, a muffed punt which led to eight points, a snap that went over the punter's head for a safety, and an unnecessary roughness penalty which kept a drive alive that led to a touchdown. There were plenty of mistakes.
4. Win the turnover battle. The Knights won the turnover battle, but with the utter lack of offense it didn't matter.
5. Get the crowd in the game. Although the Knights began slow, the UCF faithful represented themselves very well.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Knights to pound the rock. UCF couldn't get anything going on the ground as they ran for just four yards in 27 attempts.
2. Look for both QB's to play. Rob Calabrese received most of the snaps at quarterback as Michael Greco was injured and played for just one series.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. There were some huge special teams plays for the Knights, both good and bad. Joe Burnett had a 91-yard kickoff return for a touchdown (the good), and the Knights had a punt blocked and had a snap go over the punter's head.
4. Look for about as many Knights fans as ‘Canes fans. UCF showed themselves well and about 40% of the fans were dressed in black and gold.
5. Look for Kamar Aiken to have a big game. Aiken was a non-factor as he had just one catch for 15 yards. The 15 yards did represent nearly 20% of the Knights total offense.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More