Joe Burnett has been the epitome of a role-model student athlete during his tenure at UCF and has…
What We Learned in Miami
1. Win at the point of attack. The Knights had four rushing yards and allowed Miami 128 rushing yards. The UCF offensive line was dominated for much of the evening.
2. Ronnie Weaver needs another big day. It was anything but a big day for Weaver, as he ran for 20 yards on 12 carries.
3. Play smart. The Knights had a punt blocked which led to three points, a muffed punt which led to eight points, a snap that went over the punter's head for a safety, and an unnecessary roughness penalty which kept a drive alive that led to a touchdown. There were plenty of mistakes.
4. Win the turnover battle. The Knights won the turnover battle, but with the utter lack of offense it didn't matter.
5. Get the crowd in the game. Although the Knights began slow, the UCF faithful represented themselves very well.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Knights to pound the rock. UCF couldn't get anything going on the ground as they ran for just four yards in 27 attempts.
2. Look for both QB's to play. Rob Calabrese received most of the snaps at quarterback as Michael Greco was injured and played for just one series.
3. Look for special teams to make a big difference. There were some huge special teams plays for the Knights, both good and bad. Joe Burnett had a 91-yard kickoff return for a touchdown (the good), and the Knights had a punt blocked and had a snap go over the punter's head.
4. Look for about as many Knights fans as ‘Canes fans. UCF showed themselves well and about 40% of the fans were dressed in black and gold.
5. Look for Kamar Aiken to have a big game. Aiken was a non-factor as he had just one catch for 15 yards. The 15 yards did represent nearly 20% of the Knights total offense.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Scout College Football Top 30- Week Thirteen
The top 30 teams in college football after Week Thirteen...Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Week 13: Player Downgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rusty Reeves predicts a heaping handful of players who will decline in the coming weeks. They should be downgraded at least one tier. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler …Read More
The First Thanksgiving: 10 Myths and Facts
The story of the first Thanksgiving is filled with folklore and legend. But what’s the real story? Here are 10 commonly believed myths about the First Thanksgiving debunked.Read More