UCF opened their 2008 football season with a 17-0 victory over South Carolina State in front of a…
UCF vs USF: Game Balls
• Michael Greco- He wasn't dazzling, but UCF's quarterback did exactly what was asked of him and then some. Greco managed the game, made plays with his arm and legs, and didn't make any erroneous plays. Greco had two touchdown passes in the game's final two minutes, and finished with 150 passing yards and 51 rushing yards.
• Patrick Brown- The experienced left tackle did a phenomenal job on preseason All-American George Selvie, as he kept USF's end away from Greco for most of the game and gave up zero sacks.
• Rocky Ross- The senior receiver made some tough catches and consistently got open, hauling in eight catches for 90 yards. He also had the game tying touchdown with 1:40 left.
• Lawrence Young- The sophomore linebacker led the Knights with 6 tackles, 2 for a loss and also had a big sack.
• Cory Hogue- Returning from a lower leg injury, Hogue brought intensity and made some key stops for UCF, including a forced fumble.
• Bruce Miller- After committing a penalty early in the game, Miller accounted for a key tackle on a goal line stand and also had an interception in the fourth quarter that turned the game around.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 8 Strategy
Should you keep Fred Jackson or cut him? Should you cut Zac Stacy or trade him? Each team requires its own strategy based on different circumstances and Dr. Roto does his best to clarify your…Read More
Who's Hot? Week 8: Trevone, Pitt D, Kirby
The stud teams, players, coaches and trends from Week 8Read More
10 Rules For Night Shift Walleyes
Autumn walleye anglers turn their bows toward the launch ramp as the sun sets and evening temperatures begin to fall. That’s when Steve DeZurik begins his fishing shift.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
The Haunted History of the White House
The Executive Mansion isn't just home to the First Family. It's also home to a variety of...ghosts.Read More