UCF opened their 2008 football season with a 17-0 victory over South Carolina State in front of a…
UCF vs USF: Game Balls
• Michael Greco- He wasn't dazzling, but UCF's quarterback did exactly what was asked of him and then some. Greco managed the game, made plays with his arm and legs, and didn't make any erroneous plays. Greco had two touchdown passes in the game's final two minutes, and finished with 150 passing yards and 51 rushing yards.
• Patrick Brown- The experienced left tackle did a phenomenal job on preseason All-American George Selvie, as he kept USF's end away from Greco for most of the game and gave up zero sacks.
• Rocky Ross- The senior receiver made some tough catches and consistently got open, hauling in eight catches for 90 yards. He also had the game tying touchdown with 1:40 left.
• Lawrence Young- The sophomore linebacker led the Knights with 6 tackles, 2 for a loss and also had a big sack.
• Cory Hogue- Returning from a lower leg injury, Hogue brought intensity and made some key stops for UCF, including a forced fumble.
• Bruce Miller- After committing a penalty early in the game, Miller accounted for a key tackle on a goal line stand and also had an interception in the fourth quarter that turned the game around.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More