UCF opened their 2008 football season with a 17-0 victory over South Carolina State in front of a…
UCF vs USF: Game Balls
• Michael Greco- He wasn't dazzling, but UCF's quarterback did exactly what was asked of him and then some. Greco managed the game, made plays with his arm and legs, and didn't make any erroneous plays. Greco had two touchdown passes in the game's final two minutes, and finished with 150 passing yards and 51 rushing yards.
• Patrick Brown- The experienced left tackle did a phenomenal job on preseason All-American George Selvie, as he kept USF's end away from Greco for most of the game and gave up zero sacks.
• Rocky Ross- The senior receiver made some tough catches and consistently got open, hauling in eight catches for 90 yards. He also had the game tying touchdown with 1:40 left.
• Lawrence Young- The sophomore linebacker led the Knights with 6 tackles, 2 for a loss and also had a big sack.
• Cory Hogue- Returning from a lower leg injury, Hogue brought intensity and made some key stops for UCF, including a forced fumble.
• Bruce Miller- After committing a penalty early in the game, Miller accounted for a key tackle on a goal line stand and also had an interception in the fourth quarter that turned the game around.
KnightsDaily.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More